Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Leaving San Diego XXXIV

We switched planes in Salt Lake City. Once inside the terminal, we walked 30 feet and directly onto our next plane which was boarding just then. My air travel had never gone so well. On the ground at O'Hare, we had made arrangements for a cab. On the way to my wife's sister's house, my wife learned that our driver was from Pakistan, had two daughters (14 and 8) and had family still back in Pakistan. My wife's sister and her husband were on vacation but had given us the keypad code to open the garage door. My instructions were to push each button firmly and slowly. And if it didn't work the first time to keep trying. I don't know what sort of problems it sometimes caused, but it worked for me on the first try. I think the code had something to do with the kids' birthdays? We met their next-door-neighbor who was out front mowing his lawn. Our only instructions were to not step on the tortoise in the family room. Tortoise? They definitely said tortoise and not turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment