Friday, September 18, 2009

Leaving San Diego XXXI

While being transported to the Kona Kai Hotel, we went past one of our favorite haunts...Boll Weevil's restaurant. We decided to walk...only 1.5 miles. The walk by the bay was nice. I had my usual mushroom burger basket with onion rings. She had a regular hamburger. After returning to the hotel, I discovered I had left my sunglasses at the restaurant. I was willing to give them up since I did not want to walk all the way back. My wife hated the thought of losing the sunglasses, even if they were not her own. She offered to arrange for a hotel shuttle and look for the glasses if I would rub her feet. She wanted to do it, so I agreed. And she did indeed return with my sunglasses. I had her lay on the bed as I rubbed those narrow, size 8 feet with the high arches. I knew them well. Her whole body seemed to relax as I began squeezing. I knew to be careful around the big toes. Those joints were always sore, as were her thumbs. I never could figure the connection, and tried to not dwell on it too much. While rubbing feet, I daydreamed I was flying a jet fighter, pulling back on the stick to avoid a high mountain. She yelled in pain when I forgot and pulled on her left big toe, narrowly missing a jagged mountain peak. I moved to the heel as I limped my damaged aircraft back to the airstrip.

No comments:

Post a Comment