Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Leaving San Diego XXVIII

After church and lunch, we headed for our next stay at Horizon Hotel. On a Friar's road street corner, I saw a homeless guy who seemed to be new at this. He wore a hooded sweatshirt with the top pulled over his head in an apparent attempt to not be recognized. He held a cardboard sign that read, "So broke it hurts", which I thought was pretty lame. The pros usually said something about not wanting to lie and needing a beer, and always ending with, "God bless." I had already removed the stuff I wanted from my choral gift bag, so I pulled over and yelled to the guy. He came running, and seemed genuinely happy for the bag. I took off before he had time to get a good look at the contents. The only non-smoking room available at Horizon Hotel was a handicapped room. The only real difference from a regular room was no tub. The bathroom and shower stall were all on the same level so a handicapped person could roll their chair into the shower stall and do their thing. The only problem for us was the water that would run across the bathroom floor. But this was much nicer than camping. I rolled up a towel and made a dam to keep the gray water in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment