Thursday, September 17, 2009

Leaving San Diego XXX

We fly to Chicago O'Hare today. I am always nervous on the day of a flight. They don't hold jets back just because I couldn't decide which shirt to wear today. We rose early to get checked out of Horizon Hotel...our last hotel-home. Hotels are fun, but I get tired of all the moving...and spending money. Our renters offered to let us leave our car in the garage while gone to the Midwest for two weeks. That was nice of them. I dropped my wife off at the airport with plenty of time to spare. I then took the car to the house. I collected our latest mail and began hoofing my way back to the airport. Any more, I always run or walk to the airport...only three miles. A cab would easily eat up twenty dollars with fare and tip. I will accept part of the blame for the mess our economy is in since I am not helping it any. But hey, money is money. I connected with my wife in the airport lobby as planned. Once through security, we learned our flight might be full. We were not in any hurry, so my wife volunteered us for a bump. Sure enough, the flight was indeed overbooked. We were offered a night's stay at Kona Kia Hotel, free flight vouchers for the future and first-class seats on tomorrow's flight. I had gone to great lengths to get here early, but I could settle for this. I guess we stay here one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment