Sunday, September 20, 2009

Leaving San Diego XXXII

I had made arrangements for a wake-up call, so we were up on time. A hotel shuttle-van took us across Harbor Drive to the airport. When going through security, they pulled my bag and asked permission to look inside. I was not worried and had nothing to hide. But then he pulled my favorite pocketknife from the left, front pocket of my jeans! I had no idea I had missed that. This was the second time I had done this and was ready to kick myself. I reluctantly gave it up. If Lewis and Clark had to go through all this sort of grief, they would have given up back in Hill Valley, Ohio. We decided to use our free food vouchers for breakfast there in the airport. We had three vouchers for breakfast, at $7.00 each. A Burger King was available inside the terminal. We ordered the Big Breakfast and Deluxe Breakfast with coffee, which came to $8.43. We did not want to lose any of our free food-money, so we also ordered food for lunch. I wanted the turkey club sandwich, while my wife ordered the fruit cup. All of that came to $14.13. That took care of the vouchers, with $1.56 out-of-pocket...just right. Once again, my wife had worked it out perfectly. The food was over-priced, but when free, who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment