Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Leaving San Diego XXIX

We rose at 7:00 a.m. at Horizon Hotel and searched for the complimentary breakfast room. I could not find it, but my wife seemed to know instinctively...a red door with the words, "breakfast room!" Had I been by myself, I would most likely have starved. The food was good. I had a toasted bagel with grape jelly, orange juice, milk and coffee. We sat and discussed our plans for our final day in San Diego before flying to Chicago and Michigan to visit with family. My coffee was so bad I poured it out...tasted like old Maxwell House instant I used to keep in the cupboard over the oven. Our red, plastic patio table rocked badly, until I reached down and turned the leveling adjuster. I once learned that I didn't have to accept things as they were, that I could change things. Some people never do get that one. Back in our room, I tried making coffee using the room-coffee. But no matter how hard I tried, I could not rip apart the kevlar coffee bag. Out of frustration, I grabbed my silver, Cross ball point pen and violently stabbed the thing. And it worked! Maybe I was the last to learn this trick, but stabbing it with a pen was the thing to do. And the coffee was actually pretty good. I was surprised. We were almost at the end of our two week adventure before leaving San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment