Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Leaving San Diego XXII




We needed to be out of the hotel by noon, so we broke camp once more. I drove my wife to work and returned. After emptying our room, I went to the very back and pretended I was a policeman, clearing the bad guys from a building. After checking every square inch of the bathroom for razors, toothbrushes and jewelry, I yelled out, "Clear!" I went through this same procedure at each stop. I caught a half-carton of blueberries trying to make its escape by blending in with a fold of the gold and yellow flowered bedspread. He was not going to get by me that easily. Once cleared from the room, I headed for the beach below the PLNU campus. I wanted to photograph one more earthquake fault down there. I noticed a fresh landslide from the cliff face. On my way out, I stopped at Peete's Coffee shop for coffee and roll. I ran into an old friend, Leon K. We shared our lives and all the kids had been up to. It was good to see an old friend before leaving what had been home for many years. I was struck by how time affects us all...just like the cliffs down on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment