Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Leaving San Diego XXI

Back at our home for the moment, we showered and got comfortable. This was an extended-stay hotel, but we were only staying for one night. Our room was equipped with microwave, stove, pots and pans and dinnerware. I thought it was all very nice for a rating of only two stars. I gave it a "2.9." While reclining on the bed, my wife noticed I had some unsightly hairs protruding from my nostrils. I did not want to search for scissors in the suitcase and began yanking them out with my fingernails. My eyes started to water and I began sneezing...but I was getting them. For some odd reason, this sight seemed to bother my wife, who offered to find the scissors for me. She eventually found them in the bottom of the red suitcase. I held very still as she trimmed the offending hairs. I guess this was the best part of marriage...having a monitor to make sure I was suitable for the general public (although I thought I was doing an okay job). After her shower, I dried her hair, as I have done for many years. She was beautiful once again. As for me, adequate, I guess. She trims hairs from my nose while I dry the ones on top of her head...a match made in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment