Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Leaving San Diego XVI

I drove my wife to work and returned to pack our things into the car. Once again, I was surprised when everything continued to fit. I had prepared my chocolate/oatmeal cookies and was finished with the round box of Quaker Oatmeal. My wife took the remainder to her classroom. It did not make for much more room, but every bit helped. Our hotel room was on the second floor this time, so I had to make at least ten trips up and down the 16 steps with a landing in the middle. I could not see the edges of the steps over the boxes I was carrying, so I felt for the concrete edges with my toes. I counted the steps each time. I grew up with a basement and knew the hazards of miscounting the steps. I don't roll as well these days. We decided to eat dinner at the hospital dining room since it was near. They were serving roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, roll and vanilla pudding (out of chocolate). We enjoyed our meal. While there, we discussed the possibility of spending a night in a hospital waiting room without anyone knowing we were not there for health issues? Not that we would really do such a thing. We were just wondering?? We might be cheap enough to camp out to save some bucks; and cheap enough to do our laundry in my wife's classroom; but cheap enough to camp in a hospital waiting room? I was sure we were not that cheap. Okay, I was pretty sure we were not that cheap. Well, maybe we were that cheap, but I would never admit to it (so don't ask).

No comments:

Post a Comment