Thursday, September 10, 2009

Leaving San Diego XXIV


It was Saturday morning and I had slept well in the tent after rising only once for the restroom...which was still a huge pain. It was 11:00 a.m. with the sun beating down on the side of the tent making things quite uncomfortable. My wife prepared sandwiches on the back seat of the Buick. Still in the tent, I felt like a lion in the San Diego Zoo as she tossed to me a roast beef sandwich with Miracle Whip, onion and salt (in sandwich bag). I growled and chomped into my lunch...like any good lion. We left camp for an afternoon at the library where we read educational material. I continued to be fascinated with the book of useless information.


"The cells lining the small colon were replaced daily."


I figured that was a good thing after a trip down one of the aisles at Costco...German sausage with Tabasco sauce; catfish with pretzels; sweet potato on lettuce and beets on a stick. My wife said she had not slept well, with bad dreams. The car was wrecked, as was my bike on its carrier mounted on the back of the car (which it is). One of her students was swinging the bike chain in a dangerous fashion. I was not sure what to make of it, but none of it sounded good for me. Maybe it was time to give Costco a break?

No comments:

Post a Comment