Sunday, September 6, 2009

Leaving San Diego XX


At Tecolote Park, I played ping-pong and pool with my wife's special-ed students. They really wore me out with chasing ping-pong balls...and billiard balls. I placed my bike on our bike carrier and rode back to the classroom with them. My wife needed to pick up her reading glasses from being repaired in Chula Vista. And whenever we go there, we must always eat dinner at the BBQ Pit, just around the corner. We love their BBQ. The BBQ Pit reminded me of the earthquake faults I had just photographed. The main dining section looked like it had been sitting there for at least 50,000,000 years. I thought I detected signs of remodeling, so maybe the remainder was only 50,000 years old? The silverware was primitive...thin forks with tines bent in many directions like spiked hair on a windy day. The old Black gentleman with white apron, carving the beef, looked like he might have just emerged from a cave out back. But the food was great once again. I had the BBQ beef dinner with baked beans, mashed potatoes and cole slaw, followed by a piece of pecan pie, with Diet Pepsi to drink. I cannot imagine what dinosaur meat might taste like, but I was pretty sure I was eating cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment