Sunday, September 20, 2009

Leaving San Diego XXXIII

My wife was seated two rows in front of me on the plane. Evidently, there was a problem. In front of me was seated a mother and new baby, but the mother had the flu and the gentleman next to her wanted a new seat. My wife turned around and quickly offered her seat so she could help the poor gal with the baby. The mother was ecstatic over the offer. My wife learned the mother's name was Wendy S. and had several children, all of whom were adopted. She had just picked up this new infant and was on her way home. Her original flight had been canceled due to mechanical problems, and now she had come down with the flu. At least we were in first class. My wife had fun playing with the baby. I noticed the mother was able to sleep. Wendy has since kept in touch with my wife and considers my wife to be her guardian angel. As for me, I was tired and just slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment