Friday, September 4, 2009

Leaving San Diego XVIII

Our PLNU, Alumni House room was furnished with an eight-foot-wide dresser with drawers, and huge matching mirror above. On the left side, long, green plastic ivy was growing out of a blue-and-white porcelain vase. Two dark, wooden bedside tables were arranged around the room, all with thick glass slabs for protection. One supported a thirteen-inch, color TV. I sat here at night, watching real-life ER and the weather channel. Our ceiling was slanted towards the odd-shaped door on my side of the bed. The door looked like it was made for Dwarfs, with the lower portion shortened to fit the small-ish opening. The top half looked normal, but something had happened to this doors legs. We had slept here for two nights and I had hit my head on this lowered portion of ceiling at least five times. I just didn't see it. This must have been the life Gulliver lived in the land of the little people. We had one more week of living in limbo before visiting relatives in Illinois and Indiana. Every day was different, with no place to really call home. I read in my Bible that Abraham travelled like this. Eventually, we plan to make it to Montana...the suggested land. God did not promise the land to me...it was just a suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment