Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Leaving San Diego IX

Back home (hotel room), I was bored and wanted to play a game. My first choice was vetoed, so I settled for a game of Cribbage. My cards were out of sight, but she soon came back and was about to overtake me. She then said she was very tired and needed to sleep. I breathed a sigh of relief. This room has two beds and we are using both. After I take my evening meds, I get the jimmy-leg, shaking the whole bed every four minutes. Understandingly, she has a hard time sleeping with a timed explosion at the quarry at timed intervals. I wanted to keep the TV on a while longer (weather channel), so my wife suggested I pin a sheet to the bed headboard, and over her to block the light. The tent looks a little funny, but she is snoring soundly. I often wonder why we have darkness? I think the best answer is found in Seneca's (30 AD) words when he said,

"When candles are out, all women are fair."

I don't need darkness for my wife. She holds up in strong light.

No comments:

Post a Comment