Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Leaving San Diego II

The star was in the East (North?) and it was time to go. This must be how the three Wisemen felt. Our Buick was loaded to the hilt, making it handle like a flat-bottom boat in a hurricane. I can imagine the car feels as though pregnant with sextuplets on board. My wife found an extended-stay hotel on Priceline for $30.00...for one night. I am proud of her. I slept well and woke to my usual breakfast of toast with cinnamon and spun honey; coffee and creamer; one chocolate oatmeal cookie and a banana. I usually have an apple, but the banana was going bad. The Buick needed fresh tires for our long trip, so we stopped at Costco...2-3 hours. Fortunately, there was a library just across the street. I like books....and restrooms. My wife was reading a book on "important facts." She mouthed the word, "colorful" to me and asked what she had said? Evidently, it was supposed to look like the words, "I love you." It must have worked, since I mouthed the word, "colorful" back to her. The car was almost done. Oh yeah, babies are born without kneecaps, and if a person farted continuously for 6 years and 2 months, the energy would equal that of an atomic explosion. It sounds interesting, but I don't plan to try it...maybe tomorrow, but not today.

1 comment:

  1. I have often wondered if every one on the planet farted at once, what would happen.

    ReplyDelete