Monday, August 24, 2009

Leaving San Diego VIII

An odd smell had been with us in the car for some time. I could not place it. I was convinced it was nothing of mine until my can of carburetor choke spray reared its ugly spout. I asked myself what I was doing lugging around a can of choke spray??...and quickly tossed it. My wife packs well. She rearranged the trunk until everything fit quite nicely. She should be in charge of loading the space shuttle before lift-off. I can see her now: "Hey you, get rid of that bulky space suit. Here is some aluminum foil and plastic wrap. This thing has to get off the ground, you know. By the way, how long can you hold your breath?" She also removed her pills from their bottles and placed in labeled plastic sandwich bags to save space. I'm old-school. I am keeping my pills in their bottles. It was so nice outside that we went to the courtyard and read books while reclining on lawn chairs. I am reading, "Avoiding Common Surgical Errors." I might give my doctor a copy if I ever need my prostate removed. You can't be too safe. I am sure not all doctors know everything. My wife asked me a trivia question. Question: "What do you call the medical student who graduated at the very bottom of the class?" Answer: "Doctor."

No comments:

Post a Comment