Friday, August 28, 2009

Leaving San Diego XI

My wife is gone to work, but the tent I prepared last night is still in place. I am reminded of this sight from my childhood when my Mom would do this same thing. Of course, then it was to dry a sheet after one of us kids had wet the bed at a relative's house. My wife was giving blood today and we took a secret road from Hotel Circle to Hillcrest. She once told me about this road, but I had never actually seen it. It felt as though we were going to wind up in someone's back yard, but we did indeed get through. After 31 years in San Diego, maybe this was the very last thing all residents were to learn before leaving? I let her out and actually found a parking spot next to the front door. But as soon as I stepped off the elevator, she was there to tell me it was all cancelled. Evidently, they were supposed to inform a person if Aspirin had been ingested within the previous 48 hours. I learned more. She was giving blood platelets instead of whole blood. And the reason for the platelets was they had a special program, offering free dinner coupons to Pat and Oscar's BBQ when donating platelets. I was proud of her for discovering this. I love the ribs at Pat and Oscar's. And she was willing to shed her blood so that I could enjoy a good meal ...how special! I wondered how many meals came with an organ donation? I will have to ask her how fond she is of that second kidney?

No comments:

Post a Comment