Saturday, August 29, 2009

Leaving San Diego XII

We need to be out of this hotel by noon tomorrow. This is a good time to consolidate some of our things in the trunk. Some would say it is junk, but I actually need some of this stuff. There are the Childcraft books; a silver lamp; my winter jacket, and then there is my spud gun. The spud gun is my pride and joy and I could not bear to part with it. To save space, I stuffed socks and underwear in the barrel. I am reminded of a joke from Reader's Digest:

Four women from Idaho, Iowa, California and Montana were taking a road trip. The driver from Idaho pulled a potato from her purse and said, "Why am I carrying this stupid thing around? We have millions of them back home." And she threw it out the window. The gal from Iowa pulled an ear of corn from her backpack and said, "Why did I bring this thing? We have tons of them back home." And she tossed it out the window. The gal from Montana then opened a rear door and kicked the Californian out.

When we get to Montana, I am to say I am from Indiana (which I am), and my wife will say she is from Illinois (which she is).

No comments:

Post a Comment