Sunday, August 23, 2009

Leaving San Diego VII

I picked up our dinner from Pt. Loma's "Fresh and Easy" store. But we always get the discounted, day-old 50%-off food. I call it, Stale and Easy. I had the cobb salad that looked like some of the cobbs had wilted. My wife enjoyed some sort of pasta dish. We drove to the library parking lot where we chowed-down on our delicacies. The pre-packaged food items were supplied with black, plastic sporks. They were hinged in the middle and would snap closed, into a usable configuration. The U.S. is indeed a great place. We put a man on the moon and we have hinged sporks. Afterwards, we went inside and enjoyed our favorite reading material. I read more Interesting Facts. Did you know that Winston Churchill, FDR, General Douglass MacArthur and General George Patton's mothers all dressed them as girls when young? I, personally, found that bit of trivia comforting. Oh, and a person burns 150 calories when beating their head against a wall for one hour. But by the time you get skinny, you don't have the brains to appreciate it.

1 comment: