Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Leaving San Diego XLVI


I figured I should take a photo of Becky with the new grill I assembled for her. She once loaned me money to replace tools that were stolen from my workplace. So I am always happy to assemble a grill for Becky. She needed to take a trip to downtown Chicago today, so we were on our own. I watched some TV, but was soon enthralled with the movings of the tortoise. The tortoise was never content to remain in his (her?) box. I kept placing obstacles in its path to prevent it from escaping it's Bloomingdales shoe box. Its never-ceasing movements became annoying after a while. It was like watching a mouse trying to escape from an empty oil drum. I finally decided to place the box up high, on top of the cabinet that held the TV, figuring the turtle had a good animal-sense about heights...WRONG. This turtle, or tortoise must have had a depth-perception problem as I heard a loud...THUD. It had tipped its box and fallen 6 feet to the carpet. I hurriedly picked it up and examined for damage. Everything seemed to be moving okay, so I gave up and placed it back on the floor. The last I noticed, it was headed for the closet. We leave tomorrow. As far as I am concerned, it is a free-range tortoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment