Friday, October 16, 2009

Leaving San Diego XLIX


Since Dad was the senior member of this Apple reunion, we all decided to give him the room with the double bed. The only price he had to pay was that the only pathway to the shower was through his room. I thought our Bird House was small, but heard from others that we had the "mansion." Brother David was proud to have a bathroom with the only urinal. He was so proud of it that we did not want to break the news that it was really a small, stainless steel hand basin. I don't want to say their bathroom was small, but you had to open the door to wipe. Since our shower was located in a hallway, I took clothes in to the shower to change into before coming out. I hung my jeans over the top edge of the shower cubicle and tried to block water spray by shielding them with my body. But it was fun to be with family again. This reminded me of growing up with an "outhouse" and no bathroom at all. We thought everyone bathed by washing up in the kitchen sink. Some other members of the family were due to arrive mid-week. Those of us already there were wagering how long some would stay in their rooms? Some thought the late arrivals would not stay that first night. I was betting on one night...just to show good faith. I'm not sure, but maybe the shower water draining underneath the bedroom carpet had something to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment