Saturday, October 17, 2009

Leaving San Diego L




I think the kids were enjoying this family reunion more than anyone else. Our cabin seemed to be a favorite spot for breakfast. I didn't mind...it was a good time to learn their first names and which of my brothers or sisters they belonged to! I was quite impressed with a few of them. Everyone knew Debby's kids were fed only health food. Refined sugar was a bad word. I had great fun feeding them Oreo cookies and Reese's Peanut Butter Bars. I sat with one of Debby's boys and rubbed his head while talking to other adults. He soon dozed off to sleep. It was also fun watching the younger mothers running around counting their kids to see if they were all still around? I no longer had to do that. As a matter of fact, I did not have to do much of anything. I think that was what made it so relaxing. Instead, I wrestled with the little ankle-biters on the floor and pretended I was dying. Secretly, I was just looking for a place to rest. I spent many hours on the shuffleboard deck shoving the discs around. It was quite irritating watching one of the little ones knock my discs off with repeated accuracy. I was happy that he had a short attention span and would run off with his short friends at mid-game.

No comments:

Post a Comment