Thursday, October 1, 2009

Leaving San Diego XLI

As we rode in the car, Lee's monologue continued. "We brought our dog, Toby, to the vet here when he ...(unintelligible conversation)... had a terrible time getting the school bus up this hill here in the snow storm of '63 with the wheels... (unintelligible conversation)...good money in it if you can stand the hours." I politely agreed. We were entering "Georgia", Illinois, established in 1883. I was wondering why people would name a town after another state in the union? Or was it a woman? But before I could dwell on that too long, I noticed another sign that said Georgia was home to the John Deere Museum. I never knew there was one. The sign also mentioned that a blacksmith was on duty. He was probably needed to keep all those old tractors, combines and manure spreaders rolling. I was surprised at the small number of cars in the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment