Saturday, October 10, 2009

Leaving San Diego XLV



We shared lunch at Izzy's again. My burger was fine. I enjoy eating dead cow...as long as I never knew the cow in a personal way. We sat in the livingroom listening to Lee share his life-story while dressed in his blue-and-brown, flannel, Teddy Bear bathrobe. He looked very comfortable. But I lost interest after the part of repeating fourth grade due to a reading problem. We headed back to Becky and Tom's place. I found the toll booths rather confusing along the way....something about an "I-pass" that I apparently did not have. Becky had to get on the computer and pay the $2.05 I owed the state of Illinois. She would not accept any money, so I cleaned her gutters instead. She had some cute maple tree saplings growing up there. I also assembled their new grill...not an easy task. It weighed a ton as she and I attempted to carry the box to the house. I had better luck rolling the square box, end-over-end to the livingroom. If I was a true Egyptian, I would have found a couple of logs to roll the thing on. The note on the box said, "Assembles in minutes." And they were right. It took 240 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment