Thursday, October 22, 2009

Leaving San Diego LII











I tried my hand at fishing from the end of the dock, but had no luck. I then learned one of my little Grand-nephews, four years old, was catching them left and right. Maybe I do not have the patience for it. I continued enjoying my nights by the campfire. Brother David would play his guitar on occasion...nice to listen to. One day we had a "no-talent" show where everyone was invited to demonstrate some talent that might not be considered a regular talent in the real world. Sister Missy organized the whole show. I did something stupid with a couple of Grand-nieces...don't remember what. Many of the "no-talent" skits exhibited a surprising level of planning and true talent. I enjoyed them a great deal. Dad was given the responsibility of deciding on an overall "winner." He wisely chose brother Mike's Granddaughter who had sung a complicated song about several dogs. She knew all the words, and the song seemed to go on and on....all about some dogs she liked and had died. She was very happy to have been declared the winner, and suggested she had "other songs." I continued to enjoy slow cruises on the lake and good meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment